Are you searching for Shaw Floors in Pittsburgh PA? You are at the right place. In this guide, we will explain all the details you should know about Shaw Prodigy LVT and available buying options in Pittsburgh PA.
Shaw Prodigy LVT: A Brief History
Shaw Industries is one of the largest flooring companies in the US. The brand has been manufacturing flooring products for over 75 years. Shaw started in 1946 as the Star Dye Company that produced rugs. In 1967 Shaw started selling carpets. Nowadays the company offers a variety of flooring types including Carpet, Hardwood, Vinyl, Tile & Stone, Laminate, and Commercial flooring.
Shaw vinyl plank flooring is one of the top-notch brands that offers features hard to find in other resilient plank floorings.
This flooring type has multiple names such as Resilient Flooring, Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP), or Shaw Prodigy Luxury Vinyl Tile ( LVT ) Flooring.
Shaw Vinyl Plank Range in Pittsburgh PA
Shaw offers 3 different types of vinyl flooring options. These include Shaw Floorte Luxury Vinyl, Shaw Floorte Hardwood, and Shaw Floorte Tile flooring. Further, the Shaw Luxury Vinyl collection can be divided into 3 collections: the Classic Series, Pro Series, and Elite series.
Here is a brief overview of these 3 collections.
Shaw Floorte Classic Series
Shaw’s luxury vinyl classic series includes a total of around 14 unique hardwood-look designs. A lot of these are extra-wide planks with varying lengths. Shaw’s classic collection is constructed by molding together 3 layers:
- Design Layer – This layer is responsible for the realistic wood-look visuals combined with a scuff-resistant Shaw finish.
- Foamed Waterproof Core – a 100% waterproof core with added foam for a warmer, quiet floor.
- Acoustical Pad – Another layer that acts as a noise reducer.
The designs offered in this collection come in a variety of wear layers from 12mil to even an industry high 30mil which is very impressive.
Shaw Floorte Pro Series
Shaw’s Pro Luxury Vinyl Series also consists of 14 designs in total with varying wood and tile-look styles and different size planks. Shaw claims that their Pro Series is built for Strength and Durability, it is made up of 3 layers just like the classic series but is stronger;
- Design Layer – The layer is responsible for the overall look of the floor. Shaw claims that this layer is Scuff resistant.
- Compact Waterproof Core – This is a 100% waterproof core that is denser and stronger than the Shaws Classic series.
- Acoustical Pad – a Pad attached to the bottom of the planks for noise reduction.
Most of the designs offered in the Pro series have a 20 mil layer, which is pretty good for Luxury Vinyl standards. The Pro series also possess commercial-grade durability and are highly resistant to denting.
Shaw Floorte Elite Series
The Shaw Elite series is the brand’s answer to flooring for active households with pets. This collection consists of 2 wood-look lines Prodigy HDR PLUS and Prodigy HDR MXL PLUS. Both of these come in 10 colors and come in varied sizes of 7×48″ and 9×86″.
The Elite series is highly resistant to scratches hence the suitability for pets. This is backed by an excellent 15-year Scratch Warranty. The Elite lines have a 100% strong mineral core and are highly suitable for commercial situations.
Shaw Floorte Vinyl Tile
As the name suggests, Shaw’s Vinyl Tile line is manufactured to look like stone tiles but also has the performance of vinyl flooring. Best of all, the Vinyl Tile range cuts out messy grouting that is needed for traditional tiles. Floorte Vinyl tiles can be installed using the easy floating method.
Shaw only offers one line of vinyl tile which is Paragon TILE PLUS. The line is available in 21 different colors (designs) and the tile size is 12″ x 24″.
The tiles have a strong SPC Core, a quite thick 20mil layer, and an acoustical pad for noise reduction. They are 100% Waterproof and built to endure scuffs, dents, and stains.
One of the most important aspects of Shaw Vinyl Flooring is durability.
Most of the Shaw lines have an average wear layer of 20 mil which is the industry standard for good Vinyl floors. Most impressively we found that some lines from Shaws Classic Series such as the TITAN HD PLUS 2002V have a 30 mil wear layer and an overall plank thickness of 12mm.
In addition to the great wear layer, Shaw offers an excellent 15-years scratch warranty on their Floorte Elite Series. This suggests the brand is confident in its product’s scratch resistance.
All of Shaw’s vinyl options are 100% waterproof meaning that they won’t warp or buckle in normal residential conditions. In Summary, Shaws Vinyl Planks and LVT are on the high end of our overall durability scale.
Shaw Prodigy LVT in Pittsburgh PA : Installation
The installation process with Shaws Vinyl Planks is the same as other Vinyl Plank brands. Most of the Shaw Vinyl Floors can be installed using the floating (click) method. This method is easy to accomplish for the most skilled handyman.
Shaw Prodigy LVT in Pittsburgh PA: Maintenance
As with all flooring types, care and maintenance are key to your floor’s durability and performance. To extend your floors lifetime and avoid costly damages you should follow these recommendations:
- Do not drag heavy furniture on the floor, additionally, use furniture leg pads to avoid scratches, these can be found in most local DIY stores.
- Make sure to clean all liquid spills promptly.
- Avoid bringing dirt inside. Ideally, you should use floor mats at your home’s entrance points. Clean your floor at least weekly.
- Use rugs to cover high traffic areas and workstations.
- Avoid Using steam mops unless the flooring specification allows doing so.
- Do not expose the flooring to the sun for long periods. Also, make sure your home is not too humid.
- Never use bleach, oil soap, or any other potentially harsh household cleaning products. Use a cleaning product specifically designed for your type of flooring.
- Use the right vacuum type for your floor. Some vacuums will cause damage and scratches (avoid beater bars).
Advantages of Shaw Prodigy LVT Floors in Pittsburgh PA
- Affordability – Some of Shaws Vinyl lines such as Shaw Matrix can be bought for as low as $1.99 per square foot.
- Wear Layer – The average wear layer stands at 20mil. Some Shaw Vinyl Planks have a very thick 30mil wear layer.
- Warranty – The Elite series Luxury Vinyl comes with an excellent 15-Year scratch warranty.
- Waterproof – Shaw Luxury Vinyl planks are 100% waterproof and are highly suitable for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Wide Range – Shaw offers over 80 different styles of Vinyl Flooring.
Looking for a Professional Flooring Installer? Make a Call to Virgin Carpets and Flooring
Our professionals at Virgin Carpets are ready to serve you with ease and affordability. Contact us now and get the beautiful and luxury Shaw LVT flooring installed at your place.